A message from Mr Harrison
A warm welcome to all of the children in Year 6. Prepare to enter the magical world of Year 6 where anything and everything is possible.
To begin the Spring Term, Year 6 shall be setting sail to into the fascinating worlds of the Titanic. Here children will learn about the lives of real people who sailed on this fated ship, the events leading up to its sinking and why this event is still talked about over one hundred years later. We shall also enjoy reading the Michael Morpurgo book: Kaspar - Prince of Cats, alongside developing and extending key skills in preparation for the eventual move up to secondary school.
So far this year, our children have adapted back into school life incredibly well and shown fantastic resilience. A huge 'well done' to them all, and to you, the parents, for your unwavering support.
During the Autumn Term there was a focus on our Recovery Curriculum
Our Recovery Curriculum aims to restore the mental health and rebuild the resilience of our pupils to allow them to become learners again by:
· Recognising the experiences had by all.
· Restoring trust and relationships with staff.
· Re-establishing friendships and social interactions.
· Regaining structure and routine.
· Rebuilding a sense of community.
· Regulating their emotions and managing behaviours.
· Re-engaging them in learning.
· Preparing them for transition.
· Explore and tune into individual needs, anxieties and worries which may have surfaced.