This term we will be focussing on our schools Recovery Curriculum
Our Recovery Curriculum aims to restore the mental health and rebuild the resilience of our pupils to allow them to become learners again by:
· Recognising the experiences had by all.
· Restoring trust and relationships with staff.
· Re-establishing friendships and social interactions.
· Regaining structure and routine.
· Rebuilding a sense of community.
· Regulating their emotions and managing behaviours.
· Re-engaging them in learning.
· Preparing them for transition.
· Explore and tune into individual needs, anxieties and worries which may have surfaced.
A message from Mr Harrison
A warm welcome to all of the children in Year 6. Prepare to enter the magical world of Year 6 where anything and everything is possible
During the first part of the autumn term, we will become learning wizards who, by the end of the year, will have transformed into top class students ready for the next step.
We will begin by immersing ourselves in the world of Harry Potter. This is a fantastic text for developing reading skills and providing stimuli for writing. Alongside this, we will be enjoying the ‘We Like to Move it!’ topic which involves learning about and investigating the wonderful world of forces.
This will be followed in the in the second half of this term by ‘Peak Adventures’ where we will find out about different aspects of mountains.