A message from Mr Harrison
A warm welcome to all of the children in Year 6. Prepare to enter the magical world of Year 6 where anything and everything is possible.
To begin the Summer Term, Year 6 shall be finding about World War Two and The Home Front. This topic will include research and learning about the reasons why the war happened, the different countries involved evacuation, propaganda posters, the Battle of Britain and other interesting aspects. Alongside this topic, We will be reading the novel, 'Letters from the Lighthouse' by Emma Carroll. This will provide many opportunities for discussion and writing. A major feature of the Summer Term will be the continuing preparations for the children's step up into secondary school. This is about developing basic skills, nurturing a love of learning and building our school learning behaviours.
So far this year, our children have shown fantastic resilience. A huge 'well done' to them all, and to you, the parents, for your unwavering support.
During the Autumn Term there was a focus on our Recovery Curriculum
Our Recovery Curriculum aims to restore the mental health and rebuild the resilience of our pupils to allow them to become learners again by:
· Recognising the experiences had by all.
· Restoring trust and relationships with staff.
· Re-establishing friendships and social interactions.
· Regaining structure and routine.
· Rebuilding a sense of community.
· Regulating their emotions and managing behaviours.
· Re-engaging them in learning.
· Preparing them for transition.
· Explore and tune into individual needs, anxieties and worries which may have surfaced.