Welcome to Year 5/6
This term we will be focusing on our school's Recovery Curriculum
Our Recovery Curriculum aims to restore the mental health and rebuild the resilience of our pupils to allow them to become learners again by:
· Recognising the experiences had by all.
· Restoring trust and relationships with staff.
· Re-establishing friendships and social interactions.
· Regaining structure and routine.
· Rebuilding a sense of community.
· Regulating their emotions and managing behaviours.
· Re-engaging them in learning.
· Preparing them for transition.
· Explore and tune into individual needs, anxieties and worries which may have surfaced.
A message from Mr Hales
A warm welcome to all of the children in Year 5/6.
During the second part of the autumn term, we will become expert mountaineers in our topic 'Peak Adventures'. Children will be issued weekly tasks from our special guest.
Alongside this, we will be studying 'The Giant's Necklace', a short story by Michael Morpurgo. This text is great for developing language choices as well as inference skills.
Mr Hales - Teacher
Mrs Johnson - HLTA
Mrs Jones - TA
Mrs Corrgian - TA