Welcome to our Year 3 team
Mrs. Wainwright - Class Teacher
Mrs. Brentnall - Teaching Assistant
Mrs. Thomas - Teaching Assistant
Mrs. Mehngar - Teaching Assistant
Welcome to our wonderful Year 3 class
Welcome to Spring 2
This half term's topic is ' Plants Versus People'. We will work together as a class to try and help aliens understand what they need to do to be able to look after plants. We will provide advice on parts of a plant, what plants need to survive and consider the life cycle of plants.
We will find out about some famous people from the past throughout the half term, including Florence Nightingale, David Attenborough and Alan Titchmarsh.
In DT we will be completing some food technology sessions. We will evaluate, plan and design a new soup along with the packaging to go with it.
In our English lessons we will be looking at Antony Browne as a famous author and create pieces of writing with lots of descriptive features; we will also explore biographies thorough looking at some famous people.
In Maths we will extend our knowledge on length and perimeter and have our first look at fractions too.
Our Recovery Curriculum aims to restore the mental health and rebuild the resilience of our pupils to allow them to become learners again by:
· Recognising the experiences had by all.
· Restoring trust and relationships with staff.
· Re-establishing friendships and social interactions.
· Regaining structure and routine.
· Rebuilding a sense of community.
· Regulating their emotions and managing behaviours.
· Re-engaging them in learning.
· Preparing them for transition.
· Explore and tune into individual needs, anxieties and worries which may have surfaced.