Welcome to Year 1
Our Year 1 Team
Mrs Heald- Teacher Mrs Jamieson & Mrs Carrington- Teaching Assistants
Miss Brookhouse & Mrs Brentnall - Support TA's
This term we are really looking forward to welcoming the children back into school, getting them used to the school routines, members of staff, friends in their class and school life.
Our focus is our Recovery Curriculum
Our Recovery Curriculum aims to restore the mental health and rebuild the resilience of our pupils to allow them to become learners again by:
· Recognising the experiences had by all.
· Restoring trust and relationships with staff.
· Re-establishing friendships and social interactions.
· Regaining structure and routine.
· Rebuilding a sense of community.
· Regulating their emotions and managing behaviours.
· Re-engaging them in learning.
· Preparing them for transition.
· Explore and tune into individual needs, anxieties and worries which may have surfaced.
As well as focussing on these aims we will also be investigating stories and characters, developing our art skills by learning about primary and secondary colours and shades. We'll then take inspiration from the artist Kandinsky to create our own artwork. The children will investigate and name different emotions, linking these with colours and textures. They will have the opportunity to take part in science investigations, predicting what they think will happen and explaining the outcomes.
We will then move on to our Circus topic. Through this topic the children will practise their juggling, balancing and spinning skills ready to become part of the performing circus team. They will also learn about the history of the circus developing their understanding of timelines and historical language.
We cannot wait to begin!