Welcome to Year 1
Our Year 1 Team
Mrs Heald- Teacher Mrs Jamieson & Mrs Carrington- Teaching Assistants
Miss Brookhouse & Mrs Brentnall, Mr Taylor & Miss Taylor - Support TA's
We cannot wait to step back in time to become palaeontologists and find out all about dinosaurs. What did they eat? How tall/long were they? Could they run or fly?
We have so many questions that we need to find the answer to using books, posters and the internet.
Throughout this topic, we encourage the children to work collaboratively to create posters, fact books, models and fossils all about their dinosaur which they can share with the rest of the class and with parents too.
We'll create dinosaur timelines and look at when their chosen dinosaurs lived.
Through our work in Science, we'll continue to learn more about materials, describing some of the physical properties and finding ways to group them. We'll investigate how materials change shape by squashing, twisting, bending and stretching. Using all of our knowledge about materials and their properties we will design and test our very own cave for Arlo the dinosaur.
To find out more about our learning this term please have a look at our topic skills and vocabulary mats on the links below.
Our focus is our Recovery Curriculum
Our Recovery Curriculum aims to restore the mental health and rebuild the resilience of our pupils to allow them to become learners again by:
· Recognising the experiences had by all.
· Restoring trust and relationships with staff.
· Re-establishing friendships and social interactions.
· Regaining structure and routine.
· Rebuilding a sense of community.
· Regulating their emotions and managing behaviours.
· Re-engaging them in learning.
· Preparing them for transition.
· Explore and tune into individual needs, anxieties and worries which may have surfaced.