Mrs Naylor & Mrs Jamieson's Phonics group
Mrs Heald's Phonics group
Mindfulness focuses on paying attention to the present moment (thoughts and feelings) as well as the world around you. This can improve mental wellbeing. The link below is to a guided deep breathing session in order to support relaxation and mental focus.
I can find information in a text.
I can explain new vocabulary.
Read through this page together and see if you can discuss the questions below.
1) What does the word 'diet' mean? (What an animal eats or drinks)
2) Which of the groups above do you belong to?
1) What is another word for a plant-eater? (Herbivore)
2) How did the herbivores change to reach the tallest branches? (Herbivores developed long necks to reach the tallest branches.)
3) Page 8 Can you find the name of a herbivore? (Diplodocus, Brachiosaurus, Iguanodon, Apatosaurus)
1) p.9 Why is this page called ‘Meet the Carnivores’?
• This page is called ‘Meet the Carnivores’ because it is all about dinosaurs that were carnivores.
2) Were Carnivores fast or slow dinosaurs? (fast which helped them catch other dinosaurs to eat)
1) Can you find a question on this page? (Which dinosaurs were Omnivores?)
2) What did an Oviraptor eat? (Plants, eggs, insects, small mammals and reptiles)
The children will still be in role as Tony today and they will be thinking about how he might be feeling at different points throughout his day and writing interesting feeling words to explain this.