Let's remind ourselves about 2D shapes. Which 2D shapes do you already know?
Watch 'Recognise and Name 2D shapes' by White Rose. Please note the worksheets they discuss are not the ones we have chosen for today.
Y1 Shape Hunt
Can you find any of the 2D shapes discussed in the video in your house? Go and have a look. Which shapes have you found? You could either make a collection of these items, label your collection with the shape name and send us a photograph or use the attached sheet 'shape hunt'.
Y1 Activity cards - Recognise and name 2D shapes
Can you correctly colour the 2D shapes, identify whether the shapes have been counted correctly and answer the questions about 2D shapes. If printing is not possible please draw around 2D shapes to make your own 2D shape picture and discuss the questions on each of the pages of this document.
Mrs Jamieson's and Mrs Naylor's Phonics 25.1.21
Mrs Heald's Phonics 25.1.21
I can find information in a text.
I can explain new vocabulary.
This is the next page in the Dinosaur Information Book we looked at last week.
Read through this page together and see if you can discuss the questions below.
1) What is this page telling us about? (When dinosaurs lived on Earth and what happened to them)
2) What does the word extinct mean? (No longer living)
3) How were the dinosaurs killed? (When an asteroid hit the Earth or by volcanoes)
4) Were all dinosaurs huge? (No some were only the size of a big bird)
1) Can you find and name the punctuation marks we've learnt about on this page? (Question marks, full stops, Capital letters)
2) What is the sub heading on this page? (The sub-heading on this page is ‘On Land’. It tells us information about the dinosaurs that lived on the land)
3) What does a dinosaur use to keep its balance? (It's tail)
4) Why did the Ichthyosaurus have large eyes? (for finding food)
1) How many teeth does a Pterodactyl have? (90)
Mindfulness focuses on paying attention to the present moment (thoughts and feelings) as well as the world around you. This can improve mental wellbeing. The link below is to a guided deep breathing session in order to support relaxation and mental focus.
This week we will continue with our new topic all about letters. Today we are going to be looking at some letters, trying to find the one that we think is the best and hunting for the features that it uses.
Topic - History
To understand chronology
Did all of the different species of dinosaur roam the Earth at the same time?
Can you use the powerpoint below your fact posters, books or the internet to find out more about when dinosaurs roamed the Earth?
Can you show this information in a timeline to explain the different periods of time and which dinosaur lived in each period? You could draw or write the names of a couple of dinosaurs in each of the different periods to show when they roamed the earth, print off pictures or make a timeline on a computer.
When making your timeline -
Extra Challenge (Optional)
You can use your dinosaur vocabulary sheet to help you too. see attachments below.
Each day there will be a story or poem read to the children by a member of the Key Stage One team.
Please see the link below for the story today. We hope you enjoy it.