1. Set up a cosy book nook.
What to do:
- Set up the book nook together. You can make this as simple or as decorated as you like. For example, a shoe box with books inside, a cushion and a cuddly toy, or a pop up tent, fairy lights, a sleeping bag, torch and decorated book box. You might start simple and develop the nook over time.
- Rotate the books in the nook regularly. Include your child in this process - some books will be too much of a favourite to swap out!
What you need:
- A selection of books in a box/basket.
- Cushions, blankets, soft toys etc
- A cosy spot (in a corner, by a window, under a table, in a pop up tent etc)
Questions to ask:
- Where shall we have the book nook?
- What would make it cosy?
- Which books will we have first?
- How could we make the book box look special?
- Which toy would be great to read your books to?
- Theme the nook, working together to make paper bunting, reading posters and other decorations on a theme or favourite book. Eg a Gruffalo's cave.
- Move the nook to new locations for variety.
3. Strengthen your finger muscles with another dough disco session. Have fun!