At Homefields we have adopted the "Chris Quigley Essentials" curriculum based on the principal that children will develop a DEPTH of Learning. The curriculum is carefully planned and sequenced, ensuring that all pupils develop the knowledge and skills to succeed in life.
Therefore the essential characteristics we follow are:
• Competence in coding for a variety of practical and inventive purposes, including the application of ideas within other subjects.
• The ability to connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law and with moral and ethical integrity.
• An understanding of the connected nature of devices.
• The ability to communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum.
• The ability to collect, organise and manipulate data effectively.`
Technology is changing the lives of everyone and through teaching Computing we equip children to participate in a rapidly changing world, where work and leisure activities are increasingly transformed by technology. At Homefields Primary School, we enable children to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information as well as developing their understanding of designing, programming, debugging and creating their own programmes. In addition to this, the children develop an understanding of how to explore and navigate the technological world safely.
...from game designers to E-safety protectors... the children gain valuable knowledge and skills for life.