Nursery Education (FS1) for 3 and 4 year olds.
Set within the main school grounds, our Nursery unit is an integral part of our school. Our Nursery is teacher-led and, supported by an enthusiastic and hard-working team of teaching assistants, provides a happy, caring and successful learning environment.
As well as extensive indoor facilities we have a large, secure, outdoor play area, a permanent climbing structure, a large gazebo and a wide range of outdoor toys and equipment that are available to the children daily.
Teaching follows the main principles set out in the Government’s Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and staff use it to plan carefully for the learning, development and care of all the children.
Every child is entitled to 15 hours of childcare per week, from the start of the term after their 3rd birthday. In addition to this, in 2017 the Government announced an ‘Extended Childcare Offer’ for 3 and 4 year olds, which means that many working families are now entitled to 30 hours of free childcare per week. To find out more information or to check your eligibility please visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Our aim is to offer provision that best meets the needs of the families within our community. We currently have 26 places available in both the morning and afternoon sessions. Based on demand, we offer a range of session times. These include morning sessions - 9am–12pm, afternoon sessions – 12.30pm-3.30pm, and full days – 9am-3.30pm. Where the total number of hours attended exceeds a child's entitlement, parents have the option to pay for any additional hours or, depending on availability, may be able to have a more flexible attendance pattern. Parents must provide packed lunches for the days when children stay all day. Lunch times are supervised by qualified early years teaching assistants to ensure there is a ratio of at least 1 adult to 8 children. Parents requiring wraparound care for their child are also able to access both our Breakfast and After-School Clubs at an additional charge.
You can add your child to our Nursery waiting list any time after their 2nd birthday. Please complete the application form that is attached and bring it to the school office, together with evidence of your child’s date of birth (birth certificate or passport) and proof of your address (utility bill, bank statement etc. dated within the last 3 months).
Our main intake is in September for children who have turned 3 by 31st August of that year. If we still have spaces available, we may have a further intake in January, for children who have turned 3 by 31st December. The deadline for applications is 31st March for the following September. Places are offered in order of priority according to our admissions criteria below:
1. Children who are ‘Looked after’ in accordance with section 22 of the Children Act 1989.
2. Children who are on the Child Protection Register and live in the normal catchment area served by the school.
3. Children who are the subject of a statutory assessment of special educational needs and live in the normal catchment area served by the school.
4. Children who are both living in the normal catchment area of the school and have siblings of compulsory school age attending the school at the time of admission. Priority will be given to those children living closest to the school.
5. Children from the normal catchment area of the school. Priority will be given to those children living closest to the school.
6. Children from the wider area of the school, who have siblings attending school at the time of admission. Priority will be given to those children living closest to the school.
7. Children from the wider area of the school. Priority will be given to those children living closest to the school.
If you require any further information please contact our FS1 Admissions Co-ordinator, Mrs Lindsay White, on 01332 691351.