At Homefields, children in Key Stage 2 are given the opportunity to learn the language of French through a variety of exciting learning experiences. The enriching lessons and activities enable our pupils to develop their ability and confidence in their reading, writing, speaking and listening in Modern Foreign Languages, as well as about the customs and cultures of French speaking countries. They also learn traditional rhymes and get the chance to read French books and watch French videos.
Our aims is for children to have:
• The confidence to speak with good intonation and pronunciation.
• Fluency in reading.
• Fluency and imagination in writing.
• A strong awareness of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
• A passion for languages and a commitment to the subject.
• The ability to use language creatively and spontaneously.
• An independence in their studies and the ability to draw upon a wide range of resources.
It is a wonderful attribute to be able to speak multiple languages and is a highly-valued skill which we are enthusiastically preparing our children to attain during their time with us.