R.E (Religious Education)
This half term we will be focusing on Creation Stories.
Today we will be learning about the story of Creation that Hindus believe.
Creation stories are stories about how the Earth and life on it began. Each religion has it's own Creation Story. Let's watch a video about the Hindu Creation Story.
Now that you have heard the Hindu Creation Story, can you use the word mat below to write down what happens in the story in the correct order. You could use the storyboard template below to structure your Hindu Creation Story.
For our last task, you can choose between the Hindu Creation Story wordsearch or colouring in the symbolic lotus flower from the Hindu Creation Story.
Mindfulness focuses on paying attention to the present moment (thoughts and feelings) as well as the world around you. This can improve mental wellbeing. The link below is to a motivational song that may be familiar to the children. We hope you enjoy listening to the uplifting message of the song.
SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar)
Today we are going to be recapping what have learnt in SPaG by having a scavenger hunt through a fiction text called "The Not-so-perfect Penguin".
Have a look through the text using the video below and listen very carefully to the story as it is read aloud. You will need to pause the video and rewind to ensure you can write down the answers to the questions below.
1. In the first sentence of the story how is the island described? ( 2 describing words-adjectives)
2. Name 3 describing words (adjectives) all beginning with s that are used to describe what the group of penguins were like except Percy.
3. Can you write down 3 past tense verbs that are used in this story and write down what the verbs would be in the present tense too? For example: jumped is past tense and jumping is present tense.
4. Can you find 3 adverbs that are said in the story? (an adverb is a word that describes a verb).
5. Can you explain why the word "Percy" is always spelt with a capital letter?
6. Can you hear when the contractions are said in the story? Write down 2 contractions that you hear. (a contraction is a shortened version of a word e.g. can not = can't).
7. Write down 1 question that gets asked in the story.
8. Write down 3 pronouns that are used in the story? (pronouns can take the place of nouns in sentences e.g. Jack had a cat. He had a cat.
P.E (Physical Education)
As the weather begins to get colder we have decided to begin our yoga PE lessons. Today we would like you to try the yoga poses in this cosmic yoga video. We hope you enjoy your yoga lesson.
The Wizard of Oz Yoga Session:
Live Zoom Session
We cannot wait to see what the children have been achieving at home. So choose something you would like to share from your week and bring it to our Zoom meeting.
The zoom meeting details will be shared with you on our class dojo page with our 'Live Show and Tell Rules'.