Connecting with Others
Good relationships are vital for good mental health. They are needed for:
- providing emotional support
- an opportunity to share positive experiences
- to build a sense of belonging and self-worth.
There are lots of things you could do to help build stronger and closer relationships with family or friends:
- eat together - spending time round the dinner table, sharing what has happened over the day is so important.
- arrange time to be with friends
- TURN OFF GADGETS!
- Make time in your day to play, talk or read with your family, making sure the T.V. is switched off.
- DO NOT relay on technology or social media to build relationships.
(please see the NHS website for more details)